What is ITO EN
ITO EN at a Glance
02Net sales(Year ended April 2019 Consolidated basis)
03Number of employees(as of April 30, 2019 Including overseas affiliates)
04Overseas locations(as of April 30, 2019)
05Oi Ocha brand drinks(Based on number of sales from May 2018
to April 2019 * Source: ITO EN)
in green tea drink market
06Total cumulative sales of Oi Ocha(as of April 30, 2019)
07Domestic locations(as of April 30, 2019)
08Specialized stores in Japan(as of April 30, 2019)
09Crude tea transaction volume in Japan(as of 2018)
10Number of tea seminars held(Fiscal year of 2018)
At ITO EN, we have been building our business model based on our belief that product development is the crucial starting point.
This has enabled us to create new value.
Oi Ocha Green Tea, a beverage that is now well received not only in Japan but is today being embraced worldwide.
We have been providing our customers with this brand, while generating global recognition and accumulating a number of the worldʼs first and the industryʼs first technological innovations.
Our commitment to preserve the natural flavor and aroma of green tea, along with our desire to bring a smile of enjoyment from our customers who drink Oi Ocha Green Tea is the basis of our initiatives.
ITO EN will continue to move forward together with tea and take on challenges with the aim of becoming a “Global Tea Company.”
From tea plantations to used tea leaves: ITO EN’s unique single value chain system
--- For products of a higher quality ---
Value chain that leads to higher quality products *
- High capability of procuring crude tea
- Tea-producing region development project
- Fabless method
- Quality control system
- NS System
- Block production and logistics systems
- Used tea leaves recycling system
- Product planning capabilities
- Product development capabilities
- A wide range of products
- Patent and trademark strategies
- Route sales
- ITO EN Oi Ocha New Haiku Contest
- “Making Japan Beautiful Through Tea” project
- The Tea Taster System
Foundation that underpins creation of value
- Corporate governance
- Risk management
- Supply chain management
- Human resources management
- Respect for human rights
- Finance management
* A value chain is a set of activities to add value, including sourcing, manufacturing, distribution, product planning, development, and sales. When considered from the value providing side, this chain is referred to as a supply chain.
- Company Name
- ITO EN, LTD.
- Head Office
- 47-10 Honmachi 3-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8550 Japan
- Daisuke Honjo
- August 22, 1966
- 19,912,300,000 yen